|The Event from One Year Before|
Ichinen Mae no Dekigoto
Clannad ~After Story~, Extra Episode
Tomoya and Sunohara preparing a prank.
|Air date (Japan)||19 March 2009|
Under the Green Tree
|List of Clannad ~After Story~ episodes|
The Event from One Year Before (一年前の出来事, Ichinen Mae no Dekigoto) is the twenty-third episode of Clannad ~After Story~. Like The Events of Summer Holidays, it is an extra episode. It was first broadcast in Japan on 19 March 2009.
One year before the events of the beginning of the story, Tomoya is beginning his second year, and Nagisa her first time as a third-year student. Nagisa is having trouble making friends as usual, while Tomoya and Youhei are busy being delinquents and carrying out pranks at Kyou's, and inadvertently Nagisa's, expense. After Nagisa is knocked out by a falling metal pan that Tomoya and Youhei had set up as a prank for first-year students, a classmate of Nagisa's finally finds the chance to talk with her and they become friends. Nagisa keeps the banner from the prank (with a message to instill confidence written by Tomoya), because she feels it attributed her to making a new friend. The message saying, "Don't give in to the hardships ahead of you".
- Nagisa and Tomoya meet for the first time but do not talk to each other.
- Youhei and Tomoya meet Kyou for the first time.
- Tomoya Okazaki
- Youhei Sunohara
- Kyou Fujibayashi
- Ryou Fujibayashi
- Nagisa Furukawa
- Akio Furukawa
- Sanae Furukawa
- Kotomi Ichinose (cameo)
- Rie Nishina (cameo)
- Sugisaka (cameo)
- Harada (cameo)
- Yukine Miyazawa (cameo)
- Akio's joke about Mother of Ultra (ウルトラの母, Urutora no Haha) is a reference to the Ultra Series.
- Nagisa's new friend describes Tomoya and Youhei's prank as similar to The Drifters, a Japanese rock and roll band and comedy group who often perform routines with falling metal tubs.
- This episode is the only one that's not based on the events depicted in the visual novel. Moreover, some events in this episode contradict the original ones(for example, this episode implies that Kyou started liking Tomoya at the second year, while the VN implies that she and Ryou fell for him simultaneously).